Studied Physics and Engineering (Australian National University, 2005 and the University of Melbourne, 2007; both 1st class hons). Completed masters studies in Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology at Tel Aviv University (MA, Summa Cum Laude, 2015) and Macquarie University (MRes, 2016). She is currently a member of the START project, “Tracing Transformations in the southern Levant from collapse to consolidation in the mid-second millennium BC“, with PhD studies at the University of Vienna and Macquarie University.
- Chronology, radiocarbon dating and Bayesian statistics
- Archaeology of the Levant during the Bronze and Iron Ages
- Ancient water systems
- (together with O. Sergi, O. Lipschits, Q. Hua, G. Jacobsen, Y. Gadot, Preliminary radiocarbon results for Late Bronze Age strata at Tel Azekah and their implications. (Radiocarbon Journal).
- (together with S. B. O’Byrne), A. F. Houwing) Determination of temperature distributions in air using a Scanning Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser. In: Z. Alwahabi, B. Dally, P. Kalt, G. Nathan, C. Wong (eds.), Proceedings of the 4th Australian Conference on Laser Diagnostics in Fluid Mechanics and Combustion, University of Adelaide, School of Mechanical Engineering, Adelaide.
Tel Aviv University. MA (Archaeology and History of the Land of the Bible). Summa Cum Laude.
Macquarie University. MRes (Ancient History). Thesis: Development of a Radiocarbon-based chronology for Tel Azekah: the first stage (supervision: Y. Tristant, Y. Gadot)
University of Melbourne. BEng (Civil), 1st class honours.
Australian National University. BSc (Physics), 1st class honours.
Scholarships & Awards
ASOR Heritage Excavation Fellowship
PhD funding within the START-project of Dr Felix Höflmayer (FWF project No. Y-932)
ANSTO research grant (10344) for radiocarbon dating
Wenkart Foundation research grant
Wolf Family Scholarship
Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship
AINSE Post Graduate Research Award for radiocarbon dating
Sir Asher Joel Scholarship
MQU Research Training Pathway Scholarship
Tel Aviv University Institute of Archaeology Scholarship
Nomination, Consult Australia Future Leaders Award
Hydraulic Engineering Graduates' Prize
The Australian National University Honours Scholarship
ANUTECH Engineering Scholarship
Australian National University Women in Engineering Scholarship
Tandy Excavation Project at Tel Gezer (Israel): Radiocarbon dating specialist
- 2016, 2015
Lautenschläger Tel Azekah Expedition (Israel): Assistant area supervisor, radiocarbon dating specialist
Tel Megiddo Expedition (Israel)
Central Timna Valley Project (Israel)
Tel es-Safi Expedition (Israel)
- American Schools of Oriental Research
- Deutsche Wasser historische Gesellschaft
- Tel Gezer Excavation field school, Israel: Introduction to radiocarbon dating (07.06.2017).
- Late Bronze Age Chronology and Connections in the Eastern Mediterranean, conference at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna: Tel Azekah: Radiocarbon evidence from MB III and LB IIA-III (11.05.2017)
- Macquarie University Ancient History Department seminar, Sydney: Dating the Late Bronze Age Shephelah: Initial radiocarbon results from Tel Azekah (10.03.2017)